Thu, 08 Feb|
The Atrium, UQ Brisbane City
The Hidden Value of Franking Credits in Investment Strategies (Brisbane)
Time & Location
08 Feb 2024, 11:45 am – 1:15 pm
The Atrium, UQ Brisbane City, 308 Queen St, Brisbane City QLD 4000, Australia
About the event
We are delighted to invite you and your guest to a light lunch presentation where Hamilton12 Managing Director, Richard McDougall will cover the following:
Exploring Persistent Fund Manager Underperformance
- Introduction to the Active vs. Passive Investment Debate.
- SPIVA Unveiled: Understanding S&P Indices Versus Active Reports.
- Explaining why most active fund managers underperform most of the time.
Passive Fund Limitations and the Hidden Value of Franking Credits
- The limitations of 'passive' funds that mirror the S&P/ASX 200 or 300.
- Highlight the often overlooked tax benefits of franking credits.
- Introduction to the Hamilton12 Australian Shares Income Fund as a strategic solution offering diversification and tax efficiency.
Speaker Bio: Richard McDougall - Hamilton12 | Managing Director
Richard’s experience in financial markets spans over 20 years, having held advisory and executive roles with domestic and international banking and investment firms. Prior to co-founding Hamilton12, Richard was a Director at the Westpac Group, where his insight and experience helped its Private Bank clients make informed investment decisions. Before joining Westpac, Richard was the Queensland State Manager for Morgan Stanley Wealth Management and a Director of UBS Wealth Management.
Richard holds a Bachelor of Laws and Commerce from Bond University and a Master of Business Administration (Hons) from The University of Queensland.
RSVP: 1st February 2024